Sunday, March 7, 2010

Working Gal


Just after I completed my last post - I happened to watch "Working Girl". It's a movie from 1988. Like "Prada" - this one is about an ambitious secretary who wants a better job.

It seemed to me that Melanie Griffith just sleep-walked through her part. expressionless with an idiotic excessive clearing of the throat that made me want to hurl the remote at the TV. Harrison Ford was really really trying his best - but Griffith offered no support at all.

Sigourney Weaver was good - but not really her fault the scriptwriters messed up - towards the end when asked how she came up with an idea - she should have come out with a brilliant answer - she's not supposed to be stuck for words!

Overall not a bad movie and Carly Simon's "Let the River Run" - rocks!

Off to watch the Oscars - I predict "Hurt Locker" will win...

No comments:

Post a Comment